They went from mini to maxi in no time, and while maxis are still very much happening, like seen here on Diane Kruger, it’s time to move to the middle! Midi skirts are thus very happening right now and even though the first thing that may cross your mind when you hear ‘midi’ in the same sentence as ‘skirts’ are older conservative women, keep your eyes peeled as these skirts just might change your mind!
1. Jane Norman layered skirt, $50
2. Miss Selfridge tan skirt, $35
3. Dorothy Perkins skirt, $45
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs striped skirt, $749
5. Whistles skirt, $154
6. TopShop skirt, $80
How To Wear A Midi Skirt
Bring the maxi skirt to 2011 by following these simple style suggestions…
- Wear your maxi skirt with a simple tee or a loosely fitting silk blouse.
- Add a neutral leather belt to the look to make it cohesive!
- Let the shoes break the elegance and femininity of the look by choosing a chunky heel or a pair of masculine oxfords!
- Accessorize lightly with a long necklace or a statement ring.
- Add a hat or a pair of big sunglasses to add character to the look!
Inspiration From The Streets…
What Do You Think Of Midi Skirts?
Do you own one? And how would you style it? P.S. Head over to Facebook and join the fashion and beauty conversation for more trends and tips!