For those of you who landed coveted internships this summer, congratulations! Whether you already have your dream internship in the bag or you’re still hunting for one, let us make it easier for you with this guide on what to wear, no matter the company you’re going to be working for.You are looking at one super exciting and hectic summer ahead of you. If you still have interviews lined up, we wish you good luck!
If the company you’re interning with has a business formal dress code, you should pay extra care to your attire. Hemlines are usually longer, and there are policies regarding jewelry, shoes and even décolletage.
- You can never go wrong with silk shirts with a collar – they are classic on their own.
- Peplum is big this spring and summer but you don’t have to stick with a boring black skirt.
- Have fun with color, especially during casual Fridays. A white blazer looks crisp in the summer. Depending on the company, sleeves may be required.
Lucky you! If your internship allows casual attire, you have your boss’ blessing to show up in jeans and t-shirt every day. But don’t take this as an excuse to be lazy. You’re working after all and you want to represent yourself well.
- A denim button-down is casual but tuck it in a pleated skirt and you’ve got a flirty look for work during the day and even a date at night.
- High-low skirts are big this spring and the style is easily adaptable for summer.
- Stay practical in strappy platform wedges so your feet will thank you at the end of a long day.
Fashion internships in big cities are hard to come by and can be harder to dress for. If everyone at work dresses to impress, you should put in some work too!
- Midi skirts are a tricky length if the skirt doesn’t hang right on you. Look for universally flattering lightweight fabrics with an A-line cut especially if you are petite.
- Tops should be body-conscious and tucked in for a clean silhouette.
- Midi skirts call for height so if sky-high strappy sandals are your thing, now is the time to shine! Feeling a little dramatic? Grab a floppy hat on your way out to shield you from the paparazzi – and the sun.